Guide for picking nail wraps:
We have Simple Chic and Premium Chic lines. Simple Chic line is made from nail polish and has slightly bigger nail sizes than the Premium Chic line. Premium Chic line is made from nail polish and an eco-friendly stretchable vinyl additive.
If you have average size nail beds you can chose either Simple or Premium Chic line. If you have slightly smaller nail beds it is recommended to go with the Premium Chic line (16 pc pack) due to their sizing.
Our toe nail wraps are made from nail polish but they can be worn for a few weeks with a top coat. Our kids line is the Premium Chic line but in smaller sizes to accommodate smaller nail beds.
Simple Chic line offers wraps that come in packs of 14, 16 and 22 wraps. They are packaged in clear or foil vacuum bags.
The sizing of 14 pack wraps is the following:
The sizing of 16 pack wraps is the following:
The sizing of 22 pack wraps is the following:
Premium Chic line offers two kinds of sets- 14 and 16 wraps in each.
The sizing of the 14 pack is:
Toe Nail Wraps come in a pack of 22:
Kids Nail wraps come in a set of 18:
The longevity of the wraps depends on their application as it is important to follow all the tips.
Nail Wraps Application
How to apply:
1. Wash your hands to get any oils off your nails
2. Find the wraps that fit best by matching the round portion to your cuticle. Set the wraps aside
3. Push back cuticles and file the nails to the desired shape
4. Buff your nails with the nail buffer to increase the adhesion of the nail wraps
5. Wipe the nails with rubbing alcohol
6. (Optional) If the nail wraps have a design with a clear background you can first cover your nail with nail polish of your choice or use another solid color wrap for the bottom layer
7. Remove the clear cover from the front and back of the nail wrap
8. Place the round edge against your cuticle. Slowly stretch and smooth the wrap down onto your nail from base to tip. If the wrap is touching cuticle or skin please readjust the wrap so that it covers only the nail area
9. Fold the wrap at the end of your nail and file off the excess with a downward motion
10. Cover the nail with a top coat of your choice. Gel systems and no-wipe gel top coats often help the wraps last 2-3 weeks
Removal process: soak your nails in warm water for a few minutes and then gently peel off the wraps. You can also dab some nail polish remover on a cotton pad and wipe off the nail wraps if you prefer. If there is any sticky residue left on your nails it can be washed off with soap and hot water.
- Due to temperature changes some wraps may become slightly less elastic. In order to correct this you can warm up the wraps with a hair dryer before application. This will help the wraps become more elastic and adhere better to the nails.
- It is best to put the nail wraps on before bed as it will give them the time to set without the exposure to moisture.
- Wait couple of hours before exposing your nails to water.
- Please use the wraps in room temperature. If they have been exposed to cold please let them warm up.
- Please use top coat as a final step during applying the nail wraps.
- Don't forget to "cap" the tip of your nail when putting on the top coat as that will prevent unnecessary lifting.
- If you are looking for better adhesion please use nail buffer of 200 grit and coarser or even a nail file. Some nail plates are shinier than others and require to be "prepped" a bit more.
- If the wrap is not elastic enough please make sure that the clear cover was removed from the top of it.
- Please file the excess of the nail wrap only in a downward motion. Filing up and down can cause tearing of the wrap instead of "cutting" it.
It is recommended to use a high-quality top coat like Essie or Sally Hansen. If you are looking for long-lasting effect use either kind of gel - the one that doesn't require UV lamp or the one that does. Please do not use quick, fast or instant drying top coat as it can wrinkle or melt the wraps.
Based on our own and our customers' experience the following top coats work best:
1. Any UV/LED gel top coat. For extra protection you can apply base coat on top of the wraps and cure it. Then follow with top coat and cure it as well. It is important not to apply any gel or base coat underneath the wraps.
We recommend the following gel:
Venalisa Gel Top Coats and Base Coats - Matte, Tempered, Long Wear
2. Sally Hansen Miracle Gel topcoat
Purchase on Amazon Canada: Sally Hansen - Miracle Gel™ Top Coat Activator
Purchase on Amazon US: Sally Hansen Miracle Gel Nail Polish 101 Top Coat, 0.5 Fl Oz (Packaging May Vary)
3. Sally Hansen Advanced Hard As Nails Strengthening topcoat
4. Sally Hansen Good Kind Pure Vegan topcoat
Purchase on Amazon Canada: Sally Hansen - Good. Kind. Pure Vegan Nail Colour, Base/Top Coat - 101, 10 Milliliters
Purchase on Amazon US: Sally Hansen - Good. Kind. Pure Vegan Nail Polish, Top coat
- Please ensure that nail wraps are used immediately after opening the package as they are made from nail polish and they can dry out with time. To keep them fresh please reseal the opened end of the vacuum bag with the hair straightener or mini heat sealer.
- If the wrap or a decal doesn't properly fit we recommend trimming the bigger wrap to the size of the nail before using it.
- It is always better to use smaller wrap than a bigger one as it is important for the wrap not to touch skin or cuticle.
Water Transfer Decal Application
How to apply:
1. Prep your nails and finish the desired manicure (cover your nails with nail polish /gel polish of your choice)
2. Make sure that your nails are fully dry (for gel - cured under UV lamp but the sticky residue should not be removed)
3. Carefully cut out the decals as close to the design as possible
4. Drop the decals into a shallow dish with water and wait 15-30 sec
5. Slide off the decal carefully from the backing paper with tweezers and place it into desired spot. The side that was touching the paper is the side that should touch your nail. Smooth the decal and dab it with a paper towel to remove excess water
6. Wait for the decal to set (to dry) few minutes. You can also use hair dryer to speed up the process
7. If the decal hangs over the nail file cut off the excess with scissors and file off the rest with a downward motion if needed
8. Cover the nail with a top coat of your choice. Gel systems and no-wipe gel top coats often help the decals last up to two weeks
Nail Stickers Application
1. Carefully peel off the sticker from the backing and place the sticker on the desired spot on your nail (bare or covered with nail polish). Smooth the sticker out with your finger
2. Cover with top coat of your choice